Friday, February 1, 2013

bridal budget breakdown.

[Warning, this post is for the Type A's. But I've thrown in some photos to make it look prettier : ) ]

I've been meaning to do this for oh...two years, but here I am doing it now! You're welcome. If you care. I still get nauseous when I think about the"average American wedding"cost.  I thought we were awesome and incredibly amazing and only spent roughly $1,000 on our special day. But I went over the expenses today to really see what we spent. While it's about two times what I thought (I still don't like counting the rings as part of the "wedding"...) our whole wedding - with over 300 guests - was still under $3,000. I'd say I can still pat myself on the back!

How did we do it, you ask?

Necessity.

We were are broke and in love.
Our parents didn't have that "wedding fund" waiting for us.
We didn't want to go into debt from our wedding. (Student loans are enough!)



So, we I sacrificed let go of some of my teenage wedding fantasies and did what was practical but still would make me happy. Such as getting a dress from China, making everything I could, choosing disposable tableware instead of renting, getting bulk flowers from Costco, and having a "potluck" style buffet.... can you imagine how much it would cost to feed over 300 people?!






Here it is, it's pretty rough still, but I always rounded up, so if anything things were less than what they say. 



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*Includes tableware, place settings, centerpieces, Costco flowers, peacock feather, candy table jars, Photobooth props, etc... 

** Items in ( ) were paid for by either family or wonderful friends
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



And if you're the type who likes to know...

Where I got stuff from : )


The Feather Store (I think this is where I got them from...)


...and Craigslist and some awesome thrift stores!




Here's to being crafty, frugal and awesome!






No comments:

Post a Comment