Saturday, December 31, 2011

farewell 2011.

Wow, I can't believe a year has past. (I'm a cliche!) This time last year I wasn't married and was about to embark onto lands unknown. I really cannot believe that tomorrow will be our one year anniversary. A lot has happened this year, but then again, a lot hasn't really changed. 



We spent the first six months of marriage living with husby's mom (not ideal, but thankfully she obliged for so long). I finally got to go to Hawai'i [for our honeymoon] but was kind of teased by all the things we couldn't afford. That really seems to be the theme of mr. two thousand and eleven. Just getting by. Being poor. But no matter how bad we thought things were [/are] we have yet to go hungry or homeless. So God does provide, just not in the ways we would think or hope for sometimes.

I have been trying to listen more this year. Not knowing what the future holds has led me to the point of being all ears... to people, to God, to opportunities... and trying to be content. And sometimes I fail. I fail a lot. But perhaps one day I will see I am wiser for it.

By no luck of our own, we made it back to Portland at the end of August. Thank you OC for letting Spencer not graduate? Yes, that's a question mark. Unforeseen missing credits led to another year of schooling for husby and a place for us to live in the meantime... but that meantime has an endtime. And that's scary.

It's time to kick it into high gear. It's time to become a sugar mama. Or else. And that's the scary part. I don't know what the 'else' is. Job searching was never this daunting when there were other options out there... I was blessed with my first couple interviews ever to end in a job. Now I am not having such luck and it's getting very disheartening.

Here's to hoping 2012 is a year of renewal. And hope (not the Obama kind). And all around goodness.


12 goals for 2012.

01. Get a job.
02. Listen daily.
03. Convince husby he likes doing dishes. (goal/dream/fantasy - whatever)
04. Spend less.
05. Save more.
06. Move into an apartment.
07. Change my freaking name! (I know...this should have happened, oh, a year ago!)
08. Move more. Physically. Take walks.
09. Eat more greens.
10. Revamp/replenish my Etsy.
11. Save for a real computer so blogging isn't a hassle, but a joy. 
12. Pray. Daily.


No comments:

Post a Comment