Friday, April 1, 2011

Fry Bread.

So, last Saturday Spencer and I helped his Cacu (grandmother) set up/decorate/serve at her Lodge's Native dinner fundraiser event. We went pretty simple, and it was fun making the banner and stuff, but man! I wore the wrong shoes. She wanted a nice backdrop for the (HUGE) space, so I did what I could. I thought making a banner that she could keep for future events would be good and the Dollar Tree had the nicest glass bowl that I couldn't pass up for the centerpieces.

The only bad part was that we ran out of food! More importantly, fry bread!!

Here was my inspiration for the banner. Really, I just drew it out and painted it on some canvas:



Spencer decided we should make a jumbo-sized medicine wheel. All we needed was some yarn in the correct colors and a Dollar Tree hoola-hoop! (which came in handy for helping me with the banner)

(click to enlarge)



I still have to add text to the banner, but I'm trying to come up with the right look for it... until then..... happy decorating!

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative it's kinda sick.
    I have Monday off = finally sending your package.

    ReplyDelete