Not today, but yesterday.
My adventure to becoming a [legal] Valadez:
It started around 11a.
By 2p I had:
- Made perfect timing for the bus & remembered my waterbottle (but forgot my snacks...grr.)
- Got to what was remains of the SE Social Security office which I found gutted & full of plumbing/septic people and hoses (ack!)
- Got on the bus as fast I could (kinda sketchy location [Division&98th-ish]) and made my way to another SS office. [Near Broadway&MLK].
- Since I wasn't planning a cross town adventure, I was worried about timing stuff (any government office in the afternoon? Ick.) But I was determined.
- Arrived at said office, took a number, picked up a flyer, changed name on my card and got out of there in about...oh, 10minutes? Yeah. Magic. [Not banking at such luck for when DMV time comes.]
Walked a couple more blocks, bypassing bus stops. I'd had enough, the Max would take me where I needed to go. I was not looking forward to transferring as I prefer direct rides, but what should appear as I'm crossing the tracks? Why, hooray, it's the right colored Max!
So I, happily, took the Green Line all the way to Clackamas Towne Center [JC Penney was my destination].
Arriving at Penney's I go and pick up my online order (a cami, bath mat and gloves I can use with my touch screen [all for $20!], then make my way to shoes... because I'm a girl and that's where my feet take me. Now Penney's got rid of their many sales and just have "low" prices always now and I was sketchy of it. (hey- I love a great deal and saving hundreds on just a few items!) But when I saw the rack of ~$18 boots I was sold. They win. I lose $18.
It might not seem like a lot, but I did all this by like 4p. And what do I usually do by 4? Get up...maybe shower...find food I don't have to make...Pinterest....FB.... see where I'm going with this? Getting that much done and being all over town made me feel like I could conquer the world!
[Still can't conquer those dishes though.......Cupid??]